Dungeness River Audubon Center unveils major expansion plans
Partners of the Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe’s Dungeness River Audubon Center at Railroad Bridge Park unveiled plans to expand and remodel the existing interpretive building and announced the launch of the Inspire Wonder Capital Campaign at a celebration on June 22nd at the Center.
The expansion project features a soaring atrium that leads to expanded classroom space, a community meeting room, more exhibit space, a bird viewing area, concession stand, and commercial kitchen. A new park entrance off Hendrickson Road, a parking lot, and improved access to the Olympic Discovery Trail are also planned.
Powell Jones, Director of the Center, said the capital campaign is named ‘Inspire Wonder’ because, “that’s what we do every day – inspire wonder in kids and adults through the wonder of nature. The title just came naturally.” Click here to read more…
More more information click on these links
- Sequim Gazette Article 6/27/18
- Press Release announcing Inspire Wonder Capital Campaign
- Case for Support
- Frequently Asked Questions (Q&A)
- Capital Campaign Press Contacts
- Architect’s drawings of concept design of expansion and remodel
- Campaign Brochure (Page 1) & (Page 2)