15th Dungeness River Festival, September 26th-27th, 2014
Olympic Driftwood Sculptors Show September 27-28
Schedule at a Glance (8-30-14)
Come enjoy the 15th Dungeness River Festival plus the Olympic Driftwood Sculptors 6th Anniversary Show! Spread your wings with the Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society, print a fish on paper or cloth (bring a t-shirt, pillow case, etc.) , jump like a frog doing the Animal Olympics and more....Sample the music, walks, talks, food, and festivities from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday (September 27-28) in Railroad Bridge Park! And, enjoy the Driftwood art show in the River Center on Saturday and Sunday (September 27-28) 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
Teacher Resources:This document will help teachers and sttendants of the festival get the most of there experience! Click Here
Join us both days for...
- Nature activities and exhibits including fish printing on paper or fabric (bring a white t-shirt, pillowcase, etc.)
- Food: Wraps, sandwiches, soups, salads, fry bread, and more...
- "What is Wilderness?" Student Art Show submissions on display
Friday, September 26, 10:00-4:00, Railroad Bridge Park
- 10:30am Sound Waves (Five Acre Marimba Band) - Marimba music that makes you want to MOVE! At the River Stage.
- 11:00am River Walk with Bob Boekelheide, Meet at the Information Booth
- 12 p.m. - Sound Waves Marimba Band - River Stage
- 2:30-4:00 p.m. - "Trains Around the World" by Steve Hauff. Join Steve for a fascinating whirlwind tour of railroads around the world. At the River Center
Saturday, September 27, 10:00-4:00, Railroad Bridge Park
- 10:00 a.m. Join the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe drummers and singers and take part in a traditional welcome ceremony
- 12:00 Olympic Peninsula Ukelele Strummers - River Stage
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. - Aspire Dance Academy performs on the River Stage
- 1:00 p.m. - River Walk with Bob Boekelheide, meet at the Information Booth
- 2:00 p.m. - How They Built the Bridge with Ken Wiersema, meet at the Information Booth
- 2:30 p.m. - Port Angeles Community Drum Circle - River Stage
Saturday and Sunday, September 26th-27th at
Railroad Bridge Park and the Dungeness River Audubon Center
10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Olympic Driftwood Sculptors
5th Anniversary Art Show